Our latest buildings feature will provide users with the ability to assess the developments of buildings and houses. We describe this as assessing the impact of rural developments. (We have another product we are building to allow users to assess urban developments – see UrbanPlanAR.com for details).
The development work to enable the visualisation of buildings to be assessed within VentusAR has now commenced. Once this feature is live, it will provide our clients with a few key benefits:
- Save time during design process – Quickly create a 3D overview of the project and check sight lines and symmetry etc.
- Save time while onsite – Check how visible a development will be from anywhere – as quickly as pointing the iPad and taking a photo.
- Engage the public better – Take the tablet to a member of the public to show what the development would look like from their house.
- Increase the chance of a successful planning application – VentusAR visuals aide better communication with the Planning Authorities.
- Costs less than the price of 3DSMax and a trained operator.
These benefits will be delivered across the following features:
- Choose 3D models from a library of buildings (pitched roof house, flat roof house, block of flats, barns).
- Enter user configurable height, length and depth.
- View a Fly Through to show the buildings in the context of the landscape.
- Use My View to show what the development will look like on screen, using the real-time camera as a live background. Either in assessment mode showing outlines, structure and visibility or realistic mode with appropriate texture and detail.
- Easily share photos and videos of what the development is going to look like.
This work is due to be completed mid 2016. If you are working on designing or assessing buildings in a rural environment, we would love to hear from you and get your input to help define the product.
Please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0141 559 6170. We can come and show you what we are up to, how we can improve your assessment processes and save you money!