In the most recent release of our software we introduced the Solar Panel Bank configurator. This makes the job of creating and visualising solar panels quicker and more flexible.
3D models are now visible in the portal. This makes use of a tool called THREE.js to load the 3D model and display it in the browser. The 3D view is live and explorable use the mouse to navigate around it. All 3D models that have a source type are visible in the edit pages in the portal.
Solar Panel Banks
We’ve added a Solar Panel Bank as a way of joining a series of legs and panels together. This provides the flexibility to accurately model the solar panel bank configuration that will be used in your solar development. The left side of the page provides a series of configuration options while the right provides a live preview of what the panel bank will look like.
For example a panel bank would be 6 panels wide by 3 panels deep with 2 legs wide and 2 legs deep.
The following configuration options are available:
- Name – Keep track of the models by giving them a sensible name
- Colour – Helps identify types of solar panel on a map
- Optimized Model – Which 3D model to use as an optimized model. To help with performance when modelling very large solar farms (80 hectares plus) the optimized model allows us to increase performance. Get in touch to find out how it works.
- Panels to use – The 3D model to use for the panel surface. By default we have setup a single option called Standard Panel 1.5m by 1m with the standard blue surface. This allows other types of panel to be added that look different.
- Orientation – currently we support Landscape, but will add more options in the future
- Type – currently we support Single Sided, but will support more options in the future
- Width – the number of panels wide
- Depth – the number of panels deep
- Legs to use – which 3D model to use for the legs
- Number of legs – the number of legs wide by deep
- Panel Bank (degrees) – the angle of the panel face in degrees. 0 is parallel to the ground, -90 is perpendicular
Solar Panel Bank configurations are stored the settings menu.
Use in a Project
Once you have a few solar panel banks sets up, you add them to your project using the standard layout versions that are already possible in the portal.
Shown in the TrueViewVisuals App
These models created in the Solar Panel Bank configuration section in the portal are visible in all the 3D modes of App. They will be drawn at the correct place, have lighting effects applied, be hidden by the land and be used to create into panoramas.
These features add flexibility to the layout of the solar panels. They allow a more accurate model of what the landscape will look like one the solar farm has been built. To find out more or to arrange a demo contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Existing projects solar projects will have been migrated using the optimized model as they were previously set up.