Present an online gritter tracker service for citizens this winter
Our new Gritter Tracker solution is a complimentary bolt-on to existing GPS vehicle tracking and enables citizen access to your winter maintenance activities on the web, mobile, smart speaker and in-car.
Providing public information promotes awareness of activity and spend, justifying service investment as well as reducing call centre enquiries and delivering 24/7 public access.
TrueViewVisuals provide proven online mapping and gritter tracking solutions to improve public engagement, accountability and deliver innovative public services.
Many councils now provide simple “dots-on-maps” vehicle locations, but watching maps 24/7 to see if a gritter passes by is not a solution.
To deliver a leading solution requires a combination of experience, design and critically back-office scalability and performance. These are essential for service delivery when it counts; when the next freezing winter puts demands on services both on the ground and in your digital communications.
Live access to winter maintenance vehicles:
- Gritter activity route observing – with intuitive styles and design for as-driven gritting activity (not just vehicle locations or dots on maps – what people need to make safe and informed decisions)
- History slider allowing review for gritter activity over-time for public service sharing
- On/off toggle of priority gritting routes
- Increases citizen engagement and safety
Public and community grit bin locations
- ‘Find my nearest’ grit bin via map or address search
- Allows user to instantly report an issue with relevant grit bins
New Alexa skill for instant communication
- Enables instant gritter location results
- OnDemand information – wherever you are! This adoption of household consumer technology provides information at the point of need and allows residents to receive local road treatment responses instantly
“Our new Gritter Tracker allows residents to follow our winter maintenance vehicles during periods of severe weather. This is one of many improvements we introduced to engage with our local communities and ensures that they are at the heart of everything we do.”Stewart Turner, Head of Roads: Ayrshire Roads Alliance
Winter of 2019 / 2020 saw Manchester City Council launch their own online gritter tracker solution for roads and segregated cycleways, with integrated grit bin reporting and innovative Amazon Alexa skill to hear information about gritting in your area.
The following document details the features and benefits of the solution, along with customisation options and back-office integration points for the solution.
If you want to see your gritters live and online, contact us on 0141 374 2741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org